Another Year, Another Number

Oct 6, 2016


As I ring in 22, I can't help but think: what am I going to do differently this year? Now that I am a year older, is there anything I should be doing? Most importantly, can I still shop at Forever 21? Every website, blog post, or older person I have spoken to thus far has either warned me that "everything goes down hill after 21" or to embrace the exciting rush of being an adult. I don't know exactly which to believe, but for now I will just take the day as it is and hopefully everything will go somewhat smoothly.

Now I am never one to stick to my resolutions {let's not track back to the ones I actually accomplished because I'm sure I can count it on one hand}, but this twenty-second year of my life, I am going to try and view or do things a little differently. Here are a few things to make 22 different:

1. Find a passion and pursue it.
Graduating college can be a tough time for someone who has no idea what they want to do and as for me, I fit exactly in this category. The important thing about your future is finding and pursuing a career in something you love. Do what you love and you will be happier in life.

2. Be yourself and love every minute.
There's no time to waste in your life wishing you were someone else. I am completely guilty of this, but the grass is always greener on the other side. The person you wish you were is probably wishing the same exact thing about someone else, so appreciate what you have. I know I should.

3. Travel often.
Be more adventurous and open your eyes to the world. There is so much out there and so little time to do it. Don't waste it doing something you hate. Explore and immerse yourself into the different cultures. It will pay off. The world is your oyster!

4. Try new things.
I am extremely guilty of this. I hate trying new things and that is something I need to get over. You live only once, so we need to make the most of the things in this world. Don't be afraid of the unknown, because it's probably just as afraid of you as you are of it.

5. Lastly, be positive. That's all.

Happy birthday to me.

{images borrowed from pinterest}


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Dinh Report. Design by FCD.