Southwest Road Trip

Apr 13, 2016

I've been seriously obsessed with Sherlock and if I didn't care about my blog, I would probably be holed up in my room watching it on Netflix! But, I care. {I really do.. Promise!} So updates - here we go! At the end of 2015, my girlfriends and I went on a road trip and because I am so impossibly lazy, I never had uploaded any of my photos. Four months later.. Better late than never, right? I guess you can say it was last minute plan, but we were all just itching for somewhere to go and something to do, especially because it was winter break. Also since I am a broke college student and my budget was not very high, a road trip fit the bill just right. It can be a cheaper alternative, yet still fun. Our route began in Los Angeles and headed to Las Vegas for the first stop. The next day, we went out to Page, AZ to see the beautiful Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyons. Next, we drove on to spend the night in beautiful Sedona, AZ. From there, the last and final stop was Palm Springs--just the perfect place to end the trip! There are so many things to see around California, you can never run out of places to go. So grab your girls, pack your bags, and HIT THE ROAD, JACK!
**PS - Click on the photos to enlarge them

FIRST STOP - LAS VEGAS
This was our first stop and really we only spent a night there. We stayed at the LINQ hotel {which is absolutely gorgeous and newly renovated!} and explored their adorable little promenade downstairs. I wish I had photos of the hotel for you, but unfortunately, I don't. But if you're there, make your way to Sprinkles and get some ice cream! It's to die for.

SECOND STOP - ARIZONA
The highlight of our trip and the reason we really planned it: Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend! My goodness, the sights are amazing. They are both located in Page, Arizona and are in close proximity to each other. {So if you do one, you definitely will do the other.} It was everything I expected and more. The pricing was reasonable and the tour was quick, but I definitely suggest buying tickets in advanced. The line can be long and it may even sell out. There are two different canyons--the upper and the lower. We went to the lower canyons, but it is just as beautiful. Horseshoe Bend, however, is free of charge and definitely worth the view. We ended our night in Sedona, Arizona at an amazing resort with a gorgeous hot tub. The views are amazing and I will definitely have to come back again. Worth the visit!

LAST STOP - PALM SPRINGS
Lastly, we ended our girl's trip with a little R&R at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs. Oh, it was just so much fun and perfectly beautiful. PS is usually excruciatingly hot during the summer {which is when their peak vacation times are}, but this weather was absolutely perfect. The hotel was everything I expected and MORE. Definitely recommend it for your next visit to the desert.

Now I know why it took me so long to post these photos. Seeing these again make me want to go on a road trip ASAP! Something we all need to experience, so get out there and see the world. I know this definitely was one of many road trips--many more to come!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Dinh Report. Design by FCD.