Chicago, IL, USA

Chicago Independence Day

Dec 11, 2015

I can't possibly imagine the feeling of riding straight into a tornado, but I distinctly remember watching a movie in grade school about a group of tornado chasers. It ripped through the town so gracefully, like a dancing ballerina (thanks to dramatic music effects), while families ran and hid. What amazed me was their decision to drive their car straight into the tornado and there, was where I learned what the "eye of a tornado" was. Besides the fact that it was a movie and that it is extremely dangerous and should not be attempted, I couldn't help but think of how amazing it all seemed. How between all the rush of the wind and the destruction on the outside, there is a beautiful spiral on the inside. And if that is how it feels to go full speed ahead into a tornado, I think that is what I am going to experience in the next months of my life.

As the last days of school are finally coming to a close, I could not stop thinking about the next month I will get to spend at home or the many, many months that are going to follow in a new country. Before arriving in Ireland, it is going to be stressful, a mess, at the same time, a great holiday season. I am going straight toward the tornado. Next Tuesday, after I hand my professor the last of my obligations (a lengthy, tedious research paper), it is going to be a whirlwind of adventure.

 How do I feel? Probably a little nervous, but most definitely excited--beyond excited. I mean, when do you get to drop what you are doing and move to another country for half a year? Only in college. 

To new adventures, full speed ahead! xo, Yours Truly.

P.S.: That reminded me that I never posted all my photos from Chicago. How dare I!? 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Dinh Report. Design by FCD.